Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Return to Central Blissville

Picture: Sunrise over Eagle Lake, South River Ontario, where I am now living 

Can I believe that this blog has been abandoned since 2014? I guess I can .. but I am back! 

When I started this blog, I was newly separated from husband number one and ready to hit the road for a trip to the Maritimes. Now, in 2022, I am not so newly separated from husband number 2 and ready to hit the Maritimes again. The themes of this blog still hold, so I have decided to resume where I have left off and keep a record of this year's adventure to the Maritimes.

It is going to be an adventure resuming this blog and also reading my back posts to see how far I have come in so many years.  And in what ways I have stayed the same.

Tomorrow I start my trip, leaving from my home on Eagle Lake near South River Ontario, which is where I have been living since the breakup on New Years Day 2021.  The lake is beautiful but I've been here without much of a break for 18 months -- I've been living with my mother, who is doing well for 88 years old but we don't want to leave her alone either. But, other family members are now up here, and I can go.

Tomorrow, I'll drive through Algonquin Park, which is a lovely drive, and make it as far as the other side of Montreal.  After that, it's on to St. Andrews by the Sea in New Brunswick.  I'll post pictures on the way. 

Kiss for luck!

No comments: